Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cold Laser Therapy For Seniors

Most people would consider my family a tree-hugging granola-eating bunch. We spend about as much time in alternative doctors offices as we do in MD doctors offices. This includes our kids. At one point, I was taking my son three times a week to the MD and always getting the same answer. All I heard was "I wish I had a magic wand" or "There is nothing we can do". Then we started seeing an acupuncturist and herbalist who said "I can fix his problems" AND DID. Since then, my son goes for normal checkups but when he is sick, we go to the doctor with answers, Dr Jake Fratkin. So both my wife and I also see a different acupuncturist who also has access to a cold laser therapy equipment. She even has access to a LaserPrism (Terraquant) Low Level Laser. I have had knee paid for about the last 5 years so I was game to try it. After just one treatment, I had less inflammation and less pain. Now I get the treatment every time I go and it really work. I also really like the Apollo laser but it requires a license to buy it. I am currently saving up my money to buy my own cold laser. Once I do, I plan some experiments on family and friends. I think cold laser treatments could be especially good for seniors. Many seniors have bad joints, inflammation and pain. The cold laser treatment only takes a few minutes and there is no pain. It seems like every assisted living facility should have a cold laser for routine treatments. There are a lot of claims that cold laser can do other amazing things including stimulating hair growth. I don't know about that but I know it works on my crunchy knees.