Tuesday, August 12, 2008

California Assisted Living Update

I just finished uploading all the assisted living facilities for Arizona and am currently working on North Carolina. Arizona was a big surprise with almost 2000 assisted living facilities. I think that California has almost 6000 facilities but currently I only have around 400. One I get all the California facilities including Los Angeles assisted living facilities entered, I will have over 12,000 facilities in the directory. Not Bad.
Most of the state governments have been good to work with. By the end of August, I must have every assisted living and Alzheimer's facility in Georgia. I am going home to meet with dad's facility manager and nurse so see if they can give him additional assistance. His mental condition seems to be changing rapidly as he reverts into a child. That is why I will need to have a complete list of dementia care facilities ready when the assisted living facility will no longer accept him. We are very thankful that he is happy in his dementia. So many seniors get angry, frustrated and mean. My dad is mostly sweet with an occasional bit of angry confusion. The nurses raided his apartment this week and took his bottle of vodka. The alcohol that destroyed his frontal lobe should be avoided but my dad's doctor (Dr. Tucker) is an idiot. He told my dad that it was OK for him to drink so he won't listen to anyone else. It really stinks when your parent doctor is actually doing damage. Anyways, this should be a big month for my dad and for the site so stay tuned.